Tomoto is Unique Art Piece by Tom Dixon with the support of Venier Motorcycles. The British designer teams up with Moto Guzzi and Stefano Venier for his own bike vision: Tomoto, Made in Italy.
Protagonist: Moto Guzzi V7, Mandello del Lario
Concept: Tom Dixon, London
Builder: Venier Motorcycle, Pordenone, Italy
Officially promoted by Moto Guzzi, Tomoto is a “one off” bike, conceived by British Designer Tom Dixon, a true Guzzi lover and rider.
A piece of art and design envisioned by Tom with the technical support of Stefano Venier from Venier Motorcycles, with fascinating behind-the-scenes, meetings and revisions between London - where Tom is based - New York - where Stefano lives most of the year - Pordenone - Venier Motorcycles manufacturing workshop - and Mandello del Lario, the historical homeland of the eagle myth.
Tom had the vision of building a concept vehicle that would be simple in its spontaneous raw aluminum but very complex in its construction and building.
- Tomoto features Moto Gadget full wiring, a hand-made raw aluminum body with wheel rims and sides laser cut to Dixon's design.
- The headlight is the adaptation of one of Tom’s signature aluminum Fin pendant lights that was customized to incorporate high and low beams.
- The custom seat, with oblique black stitching on black sky leather, is attached to an aluminum seat pan with incorporated LED tail light.
- The bike's exhaust line uses race exhaust flex tubing with a custom muffler by Mass Moto in Sicily made on Dixon specs.
- Tomoto also features customized tires by Pirelli in a partnership between the English artist and the tire company.
To better describe Tomoto we don’t have to think about a usual “build” done by a customizer but more of a vision, a unique art piece that the design icon has created to express his passion for Moto Guzzi and the motorcycle world.
Build by Venier Motorcycles
Tires by Pirelli
Mufflers by Mass moto
Prototyping by Giuliano Rubert
Project leader Caterina Lunghi